I love to cook, but sometimes a girl needs a quick and easy meal. Last night was one of those nights. After a super busy day at work and a jam packed 3 hours at CrossFit Tallahasee (front squats, snatch 1 rep max, and then a snatch AMRAP), I was pretty exhausted and not in the mood to spend more than a few minutes on my feet. My girl Juli from PaleOMG is great for coming up with ideas that are relatively simple; and this recipe originated from her, but I modified it slightly to fit my lazy attitude. While this seems like it takes a while, an hour is spent letting the chicken marinate (just enough time to watch an episode of something on your DVR) and then you're really only making the guacamole.
*To keep this 21 Day Sugar Detox approved, leave out the mango!
Fully Loaded Citrus Marinaded Chicken Wraps
Prep Time: 1 hour + 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 35 minutes
Foil lined rimmed baking sheet
1 medium mixing bowl
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup of orange juice
2 lemons, juiced
2 limes, juiced
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp of smoked paprika
1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 minced garlic clove
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
6 strips of bacon
Trader Joe's Double Roasted Salsa (totally Paleo!)
Butter lettuce, for the wraps
1. Place the first ten ingredients into a large gallon plastic bag or deep bowl and let marinate for about an hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 400
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place the bacon strips down. Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
4. Remove the bacon from the sheet and let the excess grease drain off on a paper towel or two.
5. Place the chicken on the same tray (right in the fat) and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
6. Make the mango-pineapple guacamole.
7. When your 20 minutes is up, turn your broiler on and allow the tops of the chicken to brown for about 3 minutes (make sure your chicken is cooked through).
8. Remove from oven, let it rest for a couple of minutes (this allows the juices to settle back in the meat).
9. Slice each breast into about 10 pieces.
10. Place a few pieces of lettuce cups on a plate, add chicken, then top with bacon, salsa, and guacamole. Devour!