Thursday, April 3, 2014

Chimichurri Sauce

You know how sometimes you'll be eating a piece of meat or fish and think I wish that I had something to jazz this up. Well, this is it. Chimichurri is something else that was introduced to me, once again, by my husband and his family. I've seen it on menus, but never thought to order it. The first time I tried it, I was a little put off by the bite that it has. But I think it's because I tasted it on a spoon. The next time was on a piece of steak and I was absolutely blown away by the party that was happening in my mouth. Now I love it with anything; steak, chicken, or fish. You'll definitely need a mint after your meal, but it's totally worth it!

Chimichurri Sauce













Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes

Special Tools:
Food Processor

Ingredients:
1 cup of fresh cilantro
1 cup of fresh parsley
1/4 cup of fresh oregano (or 2 tbsp of dried)
3-5 crushed garlic cloves
1/4 cup of yellow or sweet onion
2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp of sea salt
a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes

Instructions:
1. Place the garlic and onion in the processor and pulse 3-5 times to break them up a bit. 
2. Add the cilantro, parsley, oregano, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. 
3. While the motor is running, add the vinegar and then turn it off. 
4. Add the olive oil 1/4 cup at a time. You might need to use a spoon or spatula to push down the sides before you add the last 1/4 cup. 
5. Pour into a small bowl, cover, and chill for at least 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment