Thursday, May 1, 2014

Paleo Ranch Pork Chops

I have a confession. I totally skipped my workout on Tuesday for the most amazing nap. If you know me, you know I've got a pretty strict daily routine and I haven't missed my 3:30 workout in...well, I can't remember the last time I missed it. Mostly because I have to train the 4:30 and 5:30 classes right after, so 3:30 really is my time to get my WOD in for the day. But my whirlwind weekend up in Atlanta caught up with me on Tuesday and I was literally nodding off at work! My head was pounding and I could barely stare at the computer screen to get any work done. So rather than suffer through a really tough hero WOD (Nukes), I scrambled home and took a much needed power nap. Yesterday, I felt a little drowsy in the afternoon, but I blame this depressing weather we're having. Grey skies ALL DAY! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the rain, but it definitely effects my mood. Today is looking like more of the same, but I slept well last night, so I'm feeling more pep in my step! 

Have you tried Trader Joe's bone-in french cut pork chops yet? If you haven't, you definitely should. They're really meaty, and I love how it cooks. It makes for a really pretty presentation. Last night I made a ranch seasoned dry rub for the chops that was absolutely delicious. I really think this is probably my favorite way to eat these pork chops now. Make sure you buy the fresh herbs. I think it makes all the difference. Plus it made my house smell wonderful! 

Paleo Ranch Pork Chops













Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

Special Tools:
Large saute pan
small bowl

Ingredients:
4 bone-in 1-in thick pork chops
1 heaping tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp ground pepper

Instructions:
1. Mix the seasonings in a small bowl
2. Melt the coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, about 2-3 minutes
3. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture liberally on one side of the chops, leaving a little bit for the other side. 
4. When the oil is hot, add the chops to the pan and cook seasoned side down for about 6 minutes until a golden brown crust forms
5. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning mixture on the other side of the chops, flip the chops over, and then cook the other side for another 6 minutes. 
6. I served mine with a sides salad and PaleOMG's Roasted Rosemary Apples and Sweet Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment