Finding news ways to keep vegetables exciting is important to me. There’s really only so many ways to cook them…boiled, roasted, sautéed, steamed, and grilled. I’m a fan of grilled veggies, I just don’t do it that often because the carcinogens cooking into the food from the char isn’t exactly super healthy for your body, and neither is the smoke you're inhaling from the grill. That being said, the flavor from grilling is delicious! Go figure. Here’s a recipe for a quick vegetable medley that went along so well with my Grilled Tangy Burgers.
Grilled Vegetable Medley
Prep Time: 10 minutes (longer if your veggies aren’t purchased pre-chopped)
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Vegetable grate for the grill
1 pkg of precut butternut squash (Trader Joe’s)
1 pkg of precut asparagus, mushrooms, and onions (Trader Joe’s)
2 tbsp of ghee
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of coarse sea salt
12 tsp of fresh ground pepper
1. Heat the grill to about 415.
2. Toss all of your ingredients into a large bowl and mix well with your hands to combine and coat the vegetables.
3. Place the vegetable grate over the heat and allow it to heat up for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the vegetables and spread them out.
Close the lid for about 4-5 minutes.
5. Using tongs, turn the veggies over and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes.
6. Turn the veggies again, making sure one side isn’t burning. Finish cooking for 3-5 more minutes or until desired doneness is reached.