Thursday, May 22, 2014

Baked Cinnamon Apples

Sometimes a girl just needs something sweet to eat. But truth be told, I don't keep much in the house in terms of "sweet treats" because if I know they're in the house, I will hunt them down and devour them. Last week I really wanted something easy to make and we had a bunch of leftover apples from a camping trip we took. I decided to slice them up and bake them, but I wanted more than just cinnamon on top. That's when I started raiding the pantry to see what sort of concoction I could come up with. Honey? Yum! Yep, that should happen. Almond butter? Absolutely. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips. Um, duh! You can really do whatever you want to the apples, but I recommend the combo of all three with the cinnamon and sea salt. It was super easy to make and made the perfect evening treat after a long day!

Baked Cinnamon Apples




















Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Serves: 3-4

Special Tools:
Apple corer, or knife, to remove the seeds and hard center
Foil lined baking sheet
Small bowl

Ingredients:
Two medium apples, I used pink ladies
Sea salt
Cinnamon
Honey (optional)
Almond butter (optional)
1/4 cup Enjoy life chocolate chips
2 tbsp of full fat coconut milk

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325.
2. Core the apples and then slice them horizontally so that you have circles. I had a total of 12 slices with both apples. 
3. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and a little more than a pinch of cinnamon onto each slice.
4. Put in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. 
5.If you're going to use the chocolate, place them in a bowl with the coconut milk and microwave in 30 second increments until they're totally melted. Stir until you get a smooth consistency. Add a little more coconut milk if you prefer your chocolate more runny. 
6. Take the slices out of the oven. They should be soft, but not falling apart. 
7. Use a spoon to drizzle each slice with honey, almond butter, and chocolate. 
8. Make sure you have friends to share with, because these are easy to indulge in!

No comments:

Post a Comment