Cilantro-Lime Sweet Potato BLTA Sliders
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Foil lined baking sheet
2 medium sweet potatoes
3 strips of bacon, cut into 1/4 pieces
1/2 medium tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 ripened avocado, thinly sliced
1 cup of lettuce (I used spring mix)
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lime
1 and 1/2 tbsp of cilantro, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven and grill to 375 degrees. *Put the grilling tray onto the grill about 2-3 minutes before you add the sweet potatoes to give it a few minutes to heat up.
2. Place the bacon on the foil lined baking sheet and bake for 13-16 minutes until crispy. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels.
3. Mix the evoo, lime juice, and cilantro into a small bowl.
4. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. I got 12 slices from each sweet potato.
5. Lay the sweet potatoes out and brush on one side with the the oil mixture.
6. Place the sweet potatoes brushed side down onto the grilling tray and on the grill. Grill for about 5-7 minutes, brushing the other side with the oil mixture and then turning and grilling again for another 5-7 minutes. The sweet potatoes are done when you can stick a fork easily through them.
7. Build your sliders with one slice of sweet potato on the bottom, then top with a piece of bacon, tomato, avocado, a piece or two of spring mix, and then another sweet potato slice. Use a toothpick to hold it all together. I served mine with some raw veggie slaw!