Saturday, June 28, 2014

Cafe Mocha Ice Cream

There are a lot of things I love about living in Florida. Beaches. We have some of the most incredible beaches in the nation. Entertainment is another. We have theme parks...and LOTS of them. Nature. There are beautiful national parks to hike and camp in. Friends and family. Most of mine are in this great state. And it's not called "the sunshine state" for nothing. Florida is well known for its gorgeous weather. I mean hell, people move here all the time for the sunshine. But it can get H-O-T. Today for example, we reached record temperatures for this time of year, 97 degrees with a heat index between 105-110. Ironically, and most unfortunately, our A/C unit has stopped blowing cold air in our house. The repair man isn't able to come until tomorrow. So last night and tonight we're just swirling around warm air in our home. Thankfully, the downstairs isn't unbearable. We live in a two story house and hot air rises (science!) But upstairs? O-M-G. It's a damn sauna. The thermostat is reading 90 degrees IN MY HOUSE. And tomorrow it's suppose to be hotter. Needless to say, I'll be leaving early to get our grocery shopping done in the A/C and then counting down the minutes until the repair man comes. 

Meanwhile, in an effort to stay cool, I decided to make a dessert for my husband and I combining two things I love, chocolate and coffee! Danny's exact words: "Mmmm honey! Like the cuisinart, this investment has already paid for itself! This is delicious" That's my hubs! You can scoop it into a bowl or stuff it between two paleo cookies. That's what I did! Don't judge me. I deserved it. 

Cafe Mocha Ice Cream



Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 3-4

Special Tools:
Large mixing bowl
Whisk
Ice cream maker

Ingredients:
(13.5-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk (Badia is my new favorite!)
3/4 cup of cold brewed coffee (I got mine from Trader Joe's)
1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp of organic raw honey
7-10 drop of liquid chocolate Stevia
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of pink himalayan sea salt
1/4 cup of enjoy life chocolate chips

Instructions:
1. Whisk together the coconut milk and coffee and then carefully add the cocoa powder and whisk until well combined. 
2. Then add everything else except the chocolate chips and continuing whisking, making sure the honey is well incorporated. 
3. Add the contents to the ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions. 
4. In the last 5 minutes, add the chocolate chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment