Berry Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours + 15 minutes
Blender or food processor
Medium sauce pan
Ice cream maker (or bread pan)
1 (13.5-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
1 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of blackberries
2 tsp of lemon juice
1 vanilla bean, seeded
1 heaping tablespoon of raw honey
2 large egg yolks, whisked
1. Take the first six ingredients and put them into a food processor, or blender, and mix until well combined.
2. Pour the mixture into a medium sauce-pan on medium heat, and stir in the egg yolks, whisking constantly until a low boil begins. About 15 minutes. Then remove immediately from the heat.
3. Allow the mixture to cool slightly and then transfer to a covered dish/bowl and place in the refrigerator until it is completely chilled. I let mine chill for over an hour.
4. Pour the contents into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions. Mine took about 25-30 minutes to reach the desired consistency.
5. Scoop out some ice cream and top with a couple of blueberries. Eat up buttercup!
*If you don't have an ice cream maker, pour it into a bread pan and put in the freezer for at least two hours. Take it out and use an ice cream scooper to serve. You might need to let it sit out for 5-15 minutes if it is too frozen to scoop.