*To keep this 21 Day Sugar Detox approved, leave out the mango!
Spicy Beef and Shrimp Tacos
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Large saute pan
2 medium bowls
1 lb. of grass-fed beef
1/2 pound of large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 medium green pepper, diced
1 tsp of ghee
My Tasty Guacamole (with bacon)
My Mango Avocado Salsa (though you can leave out the avocado since you're making guacamole)
2 cups of spinach leaves
1 + 1/2 tbsp of cumin, divided
1 + 1/2 tbsp of chili powder, divided
1 tsp + 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, divided
1 tsp + 1/2 tsp of onion powder, divided
1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp of kosher sea salt, divided
1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp paprika, divided
1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, divided
1 pack of Trader Joe's low-carb wheat tortilla soft shells (or you could make your own like Danielle Walker's amazing Coconut Flour Tortillas recipe to keep this totally paleo)
1. Heat the saute pan over medium heat and add the bacon for the guacamole, until crispy. Then drain the strips on a paper towel and set aside.
2. Leave the rendered fat from the bacon in the pan and add the ground beef.
3. Once it begins to brown slightly, add the larger portion of each of the seasonings (the smaller portions will be to season the shrimp), and the diced onion and pepper.
4. While the beef is cooking, make the guacamole and salsa.
5. When the beef is cooked through, use a slotted spoon to remove the beef from the pan and set aside, leaving behind the juices from the bacon and beef.
6. Add the ghee and let it melt.
7. Add the shrimp and the smaller portions of the seasonings. Saute on each side for about 3 minutes.
8. Then add the beef back in with the shrimp and stir.
9. Set your tortilla shells on a plate and spoon some of the beef and shrimp, then add the spinach, a spoonful of bacon guacamole and a heaping scoop of the mango salsa (I won't lie, I piled that sh*t on!).